A Few Of Our Favorite Things: Late Summer Edition
It’s September. How and when did that happen? Labor Day has come and gone, parts of the country are already breaking out the sheets, and there’s no doubt that the days are slowly getting shorter. With the change of seasons, there are a few things that have caught our eye lately, and we think you should know about them. Without further adieu, read on to learn more of “our favorite things”
- Kimes Ranch Francesca Jeans– Kimes Ranch is already known for making functional jeans with an incredible fit. They recently launched the Francesca jean, designed with a mid-low rise waist, relaxed upper thigh, and a boot cut silhouette. To top off the fabulous fit, the back pockets are accented with their trademark longhorn logo in orange and blue. We’re already clearing out room in our closet for a few pairs! In keeping with their belief that great jeans should have something for everyone, they are currently in the process of designing a plus size line, which is already begin anxiously anticipated by many.
- Jenny Carlton and One Good Rip– Who doesn’t love a bit of bling and sparkle? In an industry where “more is more,” it’s so easy to get carried away with being concerned about who has the flashiest outfit, most silver, etc. However, last week, it was refreshing to see Select Amateur, Jenny Carlton, of Texas with her mare, One Good Rip, snag the World Championship in Horsemanship at the Adequan Select World wearing nothing more than a crisp white shirt, black hat, and black chaps. She let her performance speak for itself, and not only left Amarillo with the gold globe, but also with a silver one for taking the reserve world championship in Select Trail earlier in the week. Congratulations Jenny!
- Award Decor by Marsha Stigge– We can’t get enough of this creative idea turned reality by Marsha Stigge. For those who have multiple award jackets, or even coolers, Marsha turns them into fabulous pillows perfect for any home or office. Read more about the story behind her business here.
- Cancer Awareness Boots from Lagrange Leather– October is quickly approaching and with it, comes Breat Cancer Awareness Month. While donations and support are always welcome year round, October is dedicated to supporting those battling the illness, celebrating those who have overcome it, and remembering those who fought valiantly but sadly, lost their battle. Lagrange Leather has launched their 8th Limited Edition Wings of the Journey Breast Cancer Awareness Boot with 100% of the profits will be donated to Nellie’s Catwalk For Kids. In addition to proceeds going to a wonderful cause, each boot will be numbered and signed by Babs which will make it even more special. New to 2015 is the 1st edition Wings of the Journey Ovarian Cancer Awareness Boot that was designed by Babs to represent her journey of overcoming ovarian cancer. This vintage-inspired boot, features hundreds of turquoise ribbons making up the wings on the boot. Both beautiful boots are limited edition, so don’t wait long to order yours!
- Zips Chocolate Chip’s legacy- Last week, we, like the rest of the horse industry, were shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of Zips Chocolate Chip, a legend in the quarter horse world and across other breeds and disciplines as well. However, owner Ann Myers has encouraged us not to mourn his passing, but to instead celebrate his life and the legacy he left. A Facebook page has been created for those with their own “Chips” can share their stories and photos and those who personally knew or met him can share their memories of the great stallion.